1. Who controls my personal data?
Customers and Interested Persons: Unless we notify you otherwise, Ascential Group Limited is the controller of your personal data, as it is the entity that, alone or jointly, determines how or why your personal data is processed. Our affiliates may be controllers of your personal data in certain circumstances, depending on our relationship and the services we provide to you. You can find a list of our affiliate group here here.
Partners: Ascential Group Limited may be the operator or controller of personal data that you share with us and/or obtain as part of our contractual relationship. Our affiliates may be operators or controllers of your personal data in certain circumstances, depending on our relationship and the services we provide to you.
2. How do we collect your personal data?
We use different methods to collect your personal data, including:
Collect directly from you
Interested persons: Most of your personal data that we process comes directly from you. You may provide us with your name and contact information when filling out forms or contacting us by email, phone, mail, in person, or otherwise, including by:
- subscribe to our services, products or email alerts; and
- acquire or express an interest in our products and services (including attending an event).
Customers and partners: Most of the personal data we process comes directly from you, due to sharing to achieve the purposes of the contract, such as, but not limited to, the full name and email address of employees responsible for the contractual relationship with us, full name and CPF of document signatories, etc.
Collection from other sources
We may collect information about you from third parties and from public sources (such as public databases and social media). We do this to ensure that we have accurate, up-to-date or necessary information to communicate with you or to provide you with the best possible service. The types of information we may collect include personal information (including name, age, gender and other demographics) and contact information (including address and telephone number).
3. For what purpose and legal basis do we process your personal data?
Below you will find a description of all the ways in which we intend to use your personal data and the legal basis for doing so. We also identify our legitimate interests where necessary.
Necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject
Comply with legal requirements.
Necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
Manage our contractual relationship with you.
Justified on the basis of our legitimate interest in ensuring the proper functioning of our business operations.
Operate and manage our business operations and/or enhance our products, services and event experiences.
Justified on the basis of our legitimate interest in ensuring the conduct and development of our business.
Announcing or communicating information to you about our products and services, unless that you object to such treatment, as described in clause 4 “How we use your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing?" we can also share personal data with our affiliates for this purpose, as described in clause 7 below.
Justified on the basis of our legitimate interest in ensuring the conduct and development of our business and that of our business partners.
Share personal data with certain partners (including sponsors) as described in clause 7 below.
Justified based on our legitimate interest in ensuring network and information security.
Monitor your use of our systems (including using technical tools to automatically monitor your use of our website and any apps and tools you use).
Justified based on our legitimate interest in ensuring you have an excellent user experiences
Improve the security and operation of our website, networks and information.
Justified on the basis of our legitimate interest in ensuring the proper functioning of our business operations.
4. How do we use personal data for direct marketing purposes?
We may send you marketing communications to keep you updated about our products and services, including those that may be of interest to you.
Do we send targeted emails?
Do we maintain Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases?
Like most companies, Ascential uses customer relationship management (CRM) database technology to manage and track our marketing efforts. Our CRM databases include personal data pertaining to business contacts of our customers and other companies with whom we already maintain or wish to develop a business relationship. Personal data used for these purposes includes relevant business information such as: contact information, publicly available information (e.g. board membership, published articles, press releases, your public social media posts if relevant for commercials), your responses to direct electronic marketing (including web activity, clicking on links in our emails), activity of registered users on our website and other business information included by Ascential professionals, based on your personal interactions with you.
Do we combine and analyze personal data?
What are your rights regarding marketing communications?
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications by using the unsubscribe mechanisms in the emails we send you. You may also object to receiving marketing communications or request the removal of your personal data from our CRM databases by contacting us atwww.ascential.com/data.
5. And sensitive data?
We generally seek not to collect sensitive data (also known as special categories of personal data) from individuals and we ask that you do not submit sensitive data to us. In the rare cases where we seek to collect this type of data, we comply with data privacy laws and/or ask for your permission.
The term “sensitive data” refers to different categories of personal data, including ethnic or racial origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or other beliefs, union membership, physical or mental health data, biometric data, or genetic data. , sex life or sexual orientation, misdemeanors or criminal convictions (including information about suspected criminal activities).
6. What about people under 18?
We are concerned about protecting children's privacy. We do not knowingly contact or collect information from anyone under the age of 18. The site does not intend to solicit information of any kind from persons under the age of 18.
If you believe that we have received information from persons under the age of 18, please contact us at www.ascential.com/data ; or firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a person under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete that information.
7. Will we share your personal data with third parties?
We may share personal data with the following categories of recipients:
- Our affiliates, so that they can send you communications about their products and services (as described in clause 3 above)
- Our service providers, including IT service providers, marketing automation, solutions and analytics, advertising agencies, consultants, and
- Our selected partners, representatives and sponsors; for example, we may share attendance lists with event sponsors so that they can better plan their sponsorship and enhance the attendee experience and, where appropriate, select guests for meetings, meetings or private dinners, or we may provide contact information for create marketing opportunities in certain industries and markets.
We may also share your personal data with public and governmental authorities if we have to, or with third parties in connection with a potential corporate or business transaction.
Before sharing your personal data with third parties, we take the necessary steps to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected, in compliance with the corresponding data privacy laws and Ascential's internal policies.
8. How long will we keep your personal data?
We will keep your information for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. We have specific records retention and management policies and procedures; therefore, to determine how long your information will be stored, we will consider the following:
- the current and future purpose and use of your information;
- our legal and contractual obligations worldwide; and
- information necessary to manage your relationship with us and to develop and deliver our products and services
9. Will we intentionally transfer your data?
As we are a global organization with a presence in many jurisdictions and countries, we may transfer your personal data to our international affiliates. This may involve transferring your data outside the territory where you are located. To ensure that these transfers comply with applicable law and are managed to protect your privacy rights, all intercompany transfers of personal data are covered by a contract that requires us to ensure adequate and consistent levels of protection whenever personal data are transferred within our group of companies.
We may also share your personal data with third parties (see clause 7), some of which are located outside the territory where you are located. Whenever we transfer your personal data outside the territory where you are located, we will guarantee a similar degree of protection, with the implementation of adequate protections; for example, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission.
Please contact us (see our contact information in clause 12 below) if you would like more information about the mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data outside the territory where you are located.
10. Data security.
We maintain organizational, physical and technical security arrangements for all personal data we store. We have adopted relevant protocols, controls and policies, procedures and guidelines to maintain these agreements, taking into account the risks associated with the categories of personal data and the treatment we carry out, including:
- The pseudonymization and encryption of personal data;
- The ability to guarantee the constant confidentiality, integrity, availability and flexibility of services and treatment systems;
- The ability to restore availability and access to personal data in a timely manner in the event of a technical or physical incident; and
- A process for regularly testing, analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of personal data.
Depending on the territory in which you are located, in certain cases you may have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data processing by us: this right lets you know whether we process your personal data and, if so, you can obtain information and a copy of that personal data.
- Request the rectification of your personal data: this right allows you to request the correction of your personal data if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- Oppose the processing of your personal data: this right allows you to request that Ascential stop processing your personal data.
- Request the deletion of your personal data: this right allows you to request the deletion of your personal data, even in cases where that personal data is no longer necessary to achieve the initial purpose.
- Request restriction of the processing of your personal data: this right allows you to request that Ascential process your personal data only in certain circumstances and with your consent.
- Request portability of your personal data: This right allows you to receive a copy (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) of the personal data you have provided to Ascential, or to request that Ascential transmit such personal data to another data controller.
- Request not to be subject to any decision made by automatic processing, including the creation of profiles, which may significantly affect you.
- Request anonymization, blocking or deletion of unnecessary, excessive or treated data in violation of the law.
- Request information from public and private entities with which Ascential has shared data use.
- Request information about the possibility of not providing consent and about the consequences of denial.
- Withdraw your consent if this is the legal basis for the processing activity.
If you are located in CALIFORNIA, you have many of the rights mentioned in clause 11 and, in some cases, you have the right to:
Request access to certain information about the personal data we share with third parties for direct marketing purposes. To exercise these rights, please contact us at www.ascential.com/data. We will process requests in accordance with local laws and our policies and procedures. We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes before disclosing the requested information to you.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy must be submitted by the website www.ascential.com/data ou por or in writing to the Chief Compliance Officer and DPO of Ascential Group Limited, The Prow, 1 Wilder Walk, London, United Kingdom, W1B 5AP, or by emailing email@example.com.
If you would like to make a complaint about how we use your information, please contact us via the website. www.ascential.com/data, and we will do our best to help you. Depending on where you are located, you may also have the right to file a complaint with your country's data protection supervisory authority. However, we would appreciate the opportunity to resolve your concerns before you contact your local supervisory authority. So please contact us first.